Energy Storage System Field Technician
Doosan GridTech delivers innovative control and optimization software and services to electric utilities, helping to turn distributed energy resources like energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors to grid reliability and economics. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the digital distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
To further our mission and enable industry growth for all, Doosan GridTech pioneered MESA open standards for energy storage. We actively support open standards, critical to meeting customer needs for choice and cost-effectiveness.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for an Energy Storage System (ESS) Field Technician, responsible for supporting Doosan GridTech’s strategic Maintenance and Warranty Support Program. Use your technical leadership skills to enhance our company’s leadership position in designing and advancing open technology standards for the digital distributed grid. Work closely with industry stakeholders, utility customers, and our engineers to support the best energy storage systems in the world.
We require strong power system engineering aptitude with projects that solve real-world electric utility problems. Desired capabilities are a strong plus. Job responsibilities and qualifications follow
The ideal candidate will live 3 hours away from current Doosan GridTech ESS project sites located in Florida or Indiana, with the ability to travel up to 75%, (and to other states). Please note Doosan GridTech’s policy to keep employee safety as its first and highest priority. Doosan Gridtech is also committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
We require a deep technical understanding of complex systems, experience working with electric power distribution equipment, and good customer communication skills. Desired capabilities, including utility distribution grid familiarity, are a strong plus. Job responsibilities and qualifications follow.
- Strong experience working with electric power equipment in an industrial environment.
- Experience with electric power systems or distributed energy resources is strongly preferred.
- Deep technical understanding of maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Strong understanding of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, job safety assessments, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others performing complex system maintenance and repair in an electrical distribution or construction environment.
- Strong customer engagement and listening skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel (>75%)
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Communication network troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with utility-scale energy storage, utility-focused product design, or delivering technology-driven products (hardware or software) for the electric grid.
- Understand the dynamics of distributed energy resources within electric grid operations.
- Conduct fieldwork including electrical and mechanical preventive maintenance.
- Represent Doosan GridTech supporting our field energy storage systems.
- Work directly on commissioning of energy storage systems.
- Work closely with stakeholders – our customers, industry technology suppliers, and our engineers – to keep systems online and functioning at design levels.
- Plan, manage and track others performing the work.
- Establish and maintain quality and safe work standards.
- 5+ years of direct experience maintaining complex electric power systems.
- 1+ years of ESS or PV power plant maintenance experience preferred.
- Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) preferred
- Live within 3 hours of the job site (Indiana or Florida) with the ability to travel to either state.
- Willingness to travel (>75%)
- Work environments can be adverse, depending on work location and time of year.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift.
- May climb stairs and/or ladders on an occasional basis.
- Must have the ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects and/or hand tools
- Good vision required
- Follow and comply with all safety standards and procedures
- Ability to reach above shoulder heights, kneel, and bend below the waist
- Must wear personal protective equipment (including but not limited to; steel-toed shoes, face mask, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron, and arm guards).
About Doosan GridTech
Doosan GridTech is an award-winning team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage installation specialists. We help electric utilities and other megawatt-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other distributed energy resources. Our multi-disciplined teams in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and controlled over 30 energy storage installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing 310 MW of capacity. Ranked as one of the top energy storage solution providers by Navigant Research and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, we are the proud recipients of two Grid Innovation Awards from GreenTech Media. Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves the infrastructure development needs of the power and industrial markets. www.doosangridtech.com
We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401(K) plan. In addition, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy) national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. Last, and not least, we are talented and passionate about what we do.
Apply Here DoosanGridTechCareer@Doosan.com