Doosan GridTech delivers innovative control and optimization software and services to developers and electric utilities, helping them turn distributed energy resources such as energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors to grid reliability and economics for our customers. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the emerging digital, distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Technical Product Manager.
Use your engineering and leadership skills to design and develop innovative software products that enable grid-integrated clean energy, including solar PV and energy storage. Work closely with our internal engineers in both Australia and U.S.A through all aspects of product definition, design, development, and delivery, and see your solutions deployed with real-world power system operators.
We require energy market knowledge, power system engineering skills, the ability to collaborate and build consensus, and a solid grasp of the professional software development process. Desired capabilities are a strong plus. Job responsibilities and qualifications follow.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in the development of specifications for products or projects.
- Power and Control engineering skills.
- Experience in systems engineering processes.
- Collaborative, consensus-driven approach.
- Possess the ability to work independently to identify and articulate client, product, and project requirements.
- Experience delivering technology-driven products (hardware or software) for the energy industry.
- Experience working on energy software product design, or electrical engineering projects.
- Understanding of distributed energy resources within electric grid operations.
- Excellent analytical skills, judgment, and ability to drive trade-off decisions and identify the “unknowns” of a requirement.
- Ability to work with a small, fast-paced team to deliver customer value.
- Willingness to travel periodically.
- Comfort working with a global team.
- Solid grasp of the software development process, its leverage points, and limitations.
- Working knowledge of professional software development tools and/or numerical analytic tools.
- Knowledge and or experience within the electric utilities or developer space, including exposure to renewable and electrical distribution system design processes.
- Knowledge of utility Energy Management Systems (EMS) and Distribution Management Systems (DMS).
- Knowledge of energy markets or economic analysis of energy markets.
- Knowledge of power and or control engineering design principles.
- Knowledge of communication systems.
- Experience working on commercial/industrial energy storage or solar PV system design.
- Experience generating intellectual property (IP) and creating IP documentation.
- Understanding the use of predictive analytics.
- Experience in the design of control and optimization algorithms.
- Work closely with Product Management, Software Engineering, Power Engineering, Project Delivery, and Sales teams to define, design, develop and deliver advanced software and information technology products that reliably and economically integrate distributed energy resources into the grid.
- Partner with our power engineers and project engineers to identify and harvest valuable product features embedded within our customer project deliverables.
- Architecting high-level software solutions using Doosan products for client and internal facing projects/initiatives in the form of design specifications.
- Proactively initiate product and feature concepts, and detailed technical designs.
- Proactively and collaboratively manage trade-offs between desired product features, and engineering/development resources to ensure timely delivery.
- Author and ensure the creation of specifications to support the above goals.
- Drive cross-team coordination, communications, and consensus to support the above goals.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in electrical power system engineering or the energy sector.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related electrical power systems field with 5+ years of direct engineering experience; or, MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related electrical power systems field with 2+ years of direct engineering experience.
- Solid working knowledge of professional software development.
About Doosan GridTech
At Doosan GridTech, we believe that enduring economic growth and environmental healing start with a resilient, low-carbon power grid. We are a multi-disciplined team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage specialists. We help utility-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate, control, and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other renewable power resources.
Our battery storage experts in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and provided flexible controls for nearly 35 installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing over 320MW of capacity.
Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves power and industrial markets.
We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401(K) plan. In addition, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. Last but not least, we are talented and passionate about what we do.
Apply Here DoosanGridTechCareer@Doosan.com